STD for the sexually transmitted disease is very common nowadays, in the states, there are 20 million STD cases each year. The majority of the cases belong to the Teenage group.
The major questions that arise over here are as follows:
Do we get STD from having sex? Do pills protect against STD’s?
We need to understand a point over here, that if you have sexual contact with multiple partners and you don’t use any protection, this leads you to severe damage. Unprotected vaginal, anal, or oral sex can lead you to STD’s or STI’s. It can even happen with the sharing of sex toys.
Does Being Hygienic Have Any Role In The Prevention of STD’s?
You need to understand that being hygienic can help you in tackling any such situation. From being hygienic, we are referring to a situation where you are fully aware of being neat and clean before or during having any sexual contacts or sex.
- You should use properly clean sex toys and use a new packet of condoms every time you are having sex.
- Reusability of any such thing can lead you to two sexually transmitted infections.
- STI’s like herpes and syphilis can increase the risk of HIV acquisition.
- HPV infections are the major causes of cervical cancer and deaths every year.
There are several kinds of antimicrobial resistance drugs that are available in the market for the prevention of STD’s and STI’s.
It Is Important To Educate The Youth About The Relationship Between Hygiene And STD’s
There is a global reformation by WHO for the treatment of STD’s, which includes educating the youth on the consequences they might have to face if they don’t follow hygiene during sexual intercourse.
Some of the preventive measures are:
- Pre-exposure vaccination: HPV vaccination is recommended for boys and girls in the teenage so that they don’t face any consequences of STD’S.
- Reduction in the number of sex partners: One of the major things is to know your sex partner and his or her health. Getting yourself checked and sharing the result with your partner serves as the best medium of making sure that you are going to have no problems.
- Using condoms: it is one of the most effective ways, latex condoms are highly effective in the prevention of HIV infection or any kind of sexually transmitted disease. It even helps you in reducing the risk of pelvic inflammatory disease, herpes, hepatitis b, or syphilis.
Hence, we can see that STD’s are one of the major health issues that are growing every year. There should be sex education in school with WHO guidelines, and there should also be proper education for the teenagers in regards to any sexually transmitted disease.
If you are aware of the consequences, you will take precautions.